Friday, January 20, 2012

A Bizarre Welding Incident


We bring you yet another account of some poor sod that did something exceedingly stupid and paid the ultimate price for it. Once again it involves a do it yourself type who perhaps would still be with us, had he not done it himself. This particular genius was trying to manufacture a piece of equipment with which to clean his chimney, before it all went horribly wrong.

(13 January 2005, Croatia) 55-year-old Marko was wanting to clean his chimney, his flue however was longer than usual, too long, for a simple broom to work. He decided that if he could attach a brush to a chain and weigh it down with something, he would be able to get the job done by lowering it in, but what could he use as a weight?

After some scrounging around, he came across an object he thought would definitely do the trick. It was heavy and compact but best of all, it was made from metal so he could easily weld it to the chain. The fact that it was a hand grenade filled with explosive material was somehow overlooked.

Needless to say when the metal heated up, the grenade exploded killing Marko instantly while blasting shrapnel through the walls of his shed. While a Mercedes Benz parked outside was also badly damaged, nobody else was harmed in the incident. .... Bizarre!

Ernest Roper
Regional Manager Durban

CONSULT YOUR ASSOCIATION.

WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU !

No comments: